Home | Manuals | FAQ | Contact Us

Jellysquashers

Does anyone rock 2 Jellysquashers for stereo signals?
I really like the Tape and XFORM color modes on. Though I lose the stereo signal from my external synths, so thinking I need another one. Makeup is a good input for modulation.

What does the Link IN and OUT do exactly? The manual reads “create a stereo pair”

0 Likes

Link outputs the envelope, so it can be used as an envelope follower or you can use that output to go into the link in to have them in stereo configuration.

1 Like

I bought the second Jellysquasher and they sound great post output of the Rainmaker.

I still don’t understand what Link is doing. Also do I need to cross connect Link OUT to Link IN for each? (2 wires). Or just one way (Master-Slave)

0 Likes

So cross-link or one way link is correct?

0 Likes

I haven’t actually ever experimented with this. The manual just says: “Connect the LINK (OUT) signal from another Jellysquasher to create a stereo pair.” So that leads me to believe that only a one-way connection is necessary, but I don’t think a two way connection would do any harm and it might be tighter? Worth experimenting!

0 Likes

If I recall correctly, the LINK output is the signal generated by the detector of the Jellysquasher, if you connect the LINK OUT to the LINK IN then it overrides the detector of the linked Jellysquasher such that it just uses the signal from the first one. So the connection only needs to be one way. I haven’t used the configuration myself, but I think that’s how it works.

0 Likes