Invert and Offset with Triplatt

I’m a bit confused about how Triplatt works… (to be fair, I’m confused about many things :wink:). I was hoping I could get two channels of inversion and offset out of it, but is it the case that you can only get one? I thought I might be able to use the switch on B to offset one channel (while using the B knob to invert it) and then use A into C to do the other offset-invert but that didn’t seem to work. Not sure if I’m explaining this very well and am pretty new to the whole modular game. Thx!

Here’s my understanding of what you’re hoping to achieve:

• signal 1 into B in, output from B out
  • signal 2 into A in, nothing connected to A out
  • nothing connected to C in, output 2 from C out

Unfortunately the normalization in Triplatt isn’t quite what you want (from the docs):

In that configuration, plugging into output B gives you A+B and disconnects both from affecting C.

You may be thinking of a different normalization scheme, common in drum machines with individual outs (for no reason other than “I’ve been reading about it”, the 6m0d6 for instance) where plugging into an output removes only that output from an overall “sum”.

Yeah, using the B output also takes A out of the mix in C. I was hoping it may act like the Quad VCA where only B is taken out of the mix. I also tried patching out from A into C but that didn’t seem to work either.

Interestingly, if I put an already inverted wave (from the Dual ADSR) into B and flip the +5, the wave offsets into positive territory. If I invert a wave using A, and then add voltage using the B switch it sends the wave further down into negative territory.

Thankfully, I can test out the impacts using DATA. Back to learning!