Intellijel Videos

Hey guys,

If you have any requests for future videos, or feedback on our existing videos, I’d be happy to hear it!

Currently I’m working on a video to showcase the new Springray 2, and the Tetrapad should come soon after.

3 Likes

Your videos have be great so far IMO. You manage to demo a lot of features in a fast pace. Much appreciated. Also, great to see attention to older modules. Looking forward to the SR2 and TP vids.

2 Likes

I already have one and love it, but a Rubicon video would still be very interesting to get more ideas about Tzfm, getting more ideas about using the numerous outputs experimentally or mathematically with a scope, and anything else i just have never thought about with such an open ended module

Im sure many without the module have a hard time justifying the rack space without hearing how awesome it can be too.

4 Likes

Here’s our first video on the Rubicon 2! The next one will be a more in depth overview.

I might do a separate video just on TZFM. Let me know if there’s anything in particular that you want me to demonstrate or explain.

3 Likes

There’s so much new about this module - especially relative to mk1 - that it’d be awesome to see an in-depth overview of each function alongside a scope to really get a sense of what everything does! For such a relatively “minimal” looking module (quotes intentional to highlight the very clean interface design), it really seems like there are so many sweet spots under the hood that you might miss on first glance.

e.g. www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_AsddXS20k

1 Like

How about some uncommon patch ideas for the Jellysquasher or more indepth on the sidechain?

1 Like

I found this video is so helpful to understand Springray2, thanks!!

But, this is currently “unlisted” (I found this on the playlist “intellijel modular synth demos” by chance). Is this by intention? I think it would be really helpful if this is made public so that this hits when we search about Springray2.

1 Like

How do I make custom kits on plonk w/o removing it? Would love a video tutorial on that.

Do you mean loading your own presets, or making new drum kits?

You could make drum kits just by saving presets grouped together. I’m not sure I understand.

I don’t want to load my own presets. I want to be able to have it randomize. The manual gives two ways to do this: randomize with a trigger to the mod input. Or randomize through painful encoder diving. I would like to have my mod input available for switching through the kit. I will need the encoder to use the save menu which I assume adds to the current kit if there is a kit loaded. I want to add multiple sounds to a kit and jumping back and forth seems like a real pain. Also, how do I make a kit instead of saving to one of the preset kits? I don’t want to override anything I’ve already done.

I want to do all of this live in a performance, along with other things. Taking it out of the case for a sysex transfer is this a no-go. As is switching back and forth over and over again. I want this to be a one-handed operation.

That’s what I would like a video on.

I’m still not sure I understand what you want me to demonstrate.

Do you want to randomize presets, or randomize settings?

As you mentioned, randomizing settings can either be done by assigning Randomize to the MOD input and sending a trigger, or if you have Randomize selected in the MOD menu, just press the encoder. Once you have scrolled to this option, you can access it immediately by pressing the MOD button so there’s not really much menu diving required at that point.

Randomizing presets would require you to select Preset Step, then create the range of presets you want to use. If you want to randomize between all presets, select 1 to 128. Then provide a random input to the MOD input. You could save this random kit as a preset for easy recall later. If you want to create multiple random ranges of presets, you might want to use Laser Mammoth to group them together as desired, then save your random kits with those preset groupings. Then you can load them during live performance without having to remove Plonk from your case.

Also, I think you might be misunderstanding presets and kits. Kits are really just groupings of presets set by assigning the Preset Step range. ie, if you set preset range of preset 1 to be presets 1 - 4, these presets will be a “kit”. A preset can be contained by as many kits as you want, since they are just part of the preset selection range.

Oh. Would still love another plonk video but I think I understand

Would love some tutorials on how to use modules/setups as an effect, especially in mono with guitar, or piano would be cool too.

Hey, @ScottMFR. If you get the opportunity, I’d love to see your take on what Quadrax can do as a modulation source for one (or more) of your complex digital modules, like Shapeshifter, Rainmaker, or Plonk.

1 Like