Intellijel Outs

Outs enables your modular system to output both professional and prosumer compliant audio, and send it to external amplifiers, mixers, recording devices, or DAW interfaces. Using the L+R Level knob, it scales modular-level voltages down to the level required to drive external gear at either the +4dBu balanced professional line-level standard or the -10 dbV unbalanced standard.

Headphone monitoring is also provided via a low noise built-in headphone amp with its own independent level control, capable of driving a wide range of impedances — from studio grade headphones to portable style earbuds.

To use Outs, simply connect the final output of your patch to the ⅛” inputs. The built-in activity LEDs light up to indicate the presence and intensity of the input signal. The left input is normalled to the right, so you can create a stereo signal from a mono source. Or if you have an Intellijel Mixup, you can remove a jumper from its rear panel, and connect it to the Outs module using the 3-pin link cable included with the Mixup.

Features

• Low noise, clear and punchy audio
  • Headphone amp capable of driving high impedance headphones via 1/4″ stereo Neutrik jack.
  • Two channel, +4dBu balanced line level outputs on TRS 1/4″ Neutrik jacks (fully compatible with -10 dbV unbalanced audio gear).
  • Left input is normalled to the Right input, allowing a mono input signal to drive both stereo output channels.
  • LEDs to monitor the modular-level signal sent into the device.
  • Attenuator knob for the line out level, plus a separate volume control for headphones.
  • 3-pin link connector on the back for connecting the output of a Mixup module directly to the Outs module.

Intellijel Outs Product Page

Outs Manual

Modular Grid

Width 6HP
Depth 34.5mm skiff/palette friendly
Power 37mA @ +12V 29mA @ -12V
MSRP $149 USD
Available now!

5 Likes

Very nice… If only there was a 1U Version :smiling_imp:

You mean this? https://intellijel.com/shop/eurorack/1u/stereo-line-out-1u/

1 Like

That with back panel connections to mixup and a headphone out. (Unless I missed that)

1 Like

First post as I’m planning my new palette case. :grinning:

It would indeed be great to be able to get a headphone jack as well as balanced line outs from one set of inputs in as little HP as possible.

I know in some live setups it can be necessary to be able to listen to a part on headphones while something else is going to the master, but I guess in most applications (especially with the smaller cases) it’s headphones for jamming on the couch or wherever or outputs to a mixer, audio interface etc. For the rest there is still the dedicated headphones module.

For my use case it would even be sufficient to have a mono (ideally balanced) out. The other jack on the case could then be used for a headphone amp or for an input.

That’s an interesting idea @modulosonoro. I had considered a mono in/mono out module, but a mono in/headphones out might be more useful.

I was rather thinking mono out and headphones out combined to one module using the two jacks on the case. Or would you say a headphones out is as good as a balanced line out for recording? On the Moog Grandmother it is just one jack so it can’t be too bad I guess.

My specific use case is that I was planning to add a Pedal I/O as I want to integrate some pedals that don’t take line level too well. Then I thought I could use either the pedal input or just an adapter cable plus either a VCA or even a channel on Triplatt (that I just got together with the case) to add gain if needed. Shouldn’t that cover all possible input signals relatively well? The challenge now is to fit Pedal I/O, uMidi, line- and headphone outs into the palette case. The outlook of that neat dual VCA module doesn’t make planning easier. :sweat_smile:

For the moment I still have a uJack from my old small case but of course it would be nice to be able to move all the ins and outs to the built in jacks and the 1U row.

PS: I know I could go uMidi, Pedal I/O with the jacks on the case, Headphones 1U and Line-out 1U and still have space for the USB-power tile, but then I feel I’m wasting a lot of space for the two output modules that I could use for other utilities/future modules.