Intellijel Monster case?

Let me be the third one to show an interest in a connector for two of the existing 7U cases.
Some case makers offer this option, but I love my stealth cases and don’t want to switch.

Being able to transport two 7U cases as a patched unit would be awesome!

2 Likes

I know this is a bit old, but have you seen Octalink? This lets you connect two cases via Ethernet with an 8-jack patch bay.

https://intellijel.com/shop/eurorack/1u/octalink-1u/

1 Like

Yup… Looks great…

I flatter myself to think that you guys did it because of my post :smiley: but I know it’s more realistic to believe that great minds think alike.

1 Like

Have been thinking about the „connector“ that wpuld let two inter-patched cases be closed as one unit.

I guess it‘s not possible, or rather impractical because the case handles/grips would stick out on either side then.
Even if one handle was removed, that particular case would then sit on the outer connectors when one sets it on the floor. That could be helped by applying furniture felt stickers for a bit of distance to the ground, but it’s not ideal.

I really want to be able to have a 14u that fits close to standard US carry-on standards. Im about to execute this myself but if you guys have any options for combining two that would be amazing

1 Like

Hi, any news on a 14u case ?

It would be great !

1 Like

I’m also very interested in any updates on this!

I would buy that!

I like the cases you guys already have, but they can get kind of scratched up easily, and the jacks can get pretty banged up too. I want a case that can take a beating!

If it’s a “monster case”, then could we have like an alternate trim package where it’s very armoured, etc

(like a toughbook or an otterbox phone case kind of look—like taking inspiration from an ankylosaurus
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS862US862&tbm=isch&q=armoured+dinosaur&chips=q:armoured+dinosaur,g_1:ankylosaurus:oS9aYdq-PwY%3D&usg=AI4_-kTk8wkf2nziDpTEVGZ2c4lkv1cWvg&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ6onE86LkAhUOlKwKHXVUCNYQ4lYILSgB&biw=1200&bih=956&dpr=1)

interested
definitely needs 1u rows

would be interested in non-powered cases for cost reasons
also some kind of slant i think is nice, bottom 3u row angled or something like that

Yes! Slant!

I’ve been on the hunt for a 12u 104hp with decent power. Something that doesn’t fold though. So yea, a monster case in that respect. Basically something like the MDLR 12u straight case except with power that I trust. So yes, lets have one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Monster Case is huge invesment. But not if it can be build slowly.
I would like to see Intellijel going slightly different route than other Monster Cases manufacturer here.

Since Intellijel is already offering Power Supply as part, how about offering other parts seperately, thus make it possible to add more components as the amount of modules grow.

Example of the offering that each being sold seperately would be:

Bare folded aluminum case in 10U / 13U, 144hp / 168hp without rails and side cheeks
Pre laser cut holes for TRS Audio jack, USB, MIDI (not completely cut, like graphic cards slot on pc case, to be removed when needed), as well as holes for potential handles and side cheeks
Included built in Power Entry connection

Side cheek with Stand
Side cheek without Stand

Single rails, for most top and bottom part.
Double sided rails, for inner part, (might need mid-section reinforcement to avoid bend due to width)
(yes, i ve noticed the incredibly smart constructed Intellijel double rails used in performance case ;))

Internal Power Supply to feed multiple TPS80/30Max

Accessories
USB, Audio, MIDI jacks
Handle (larger, both ends, may be Powermac style)
Stand
Wallmount

Already imagining to buy big bare case, and slowly adding rails and TPS power supply as my module collection grows.

: )
Greetings from Berlin

3 Likes

Would have to include lots of blank plates because this would be an investment for the future. My cat likes to reach into small spaces to see what’s there, and I don’t want her to either get shocked or damage circuitry. But I like the idea of a DIY kit.

If you build it, they will buy, esp IAN K :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to see you offer the cases without power boards (leave the jack and on/off switch on the back), so I can fit it my own choice(s).

1 Like

Any chance we will see intellijel monster case next year? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Would definitely be interested in a 14Uish 104hp Intellijel case. Enough power (and connectors) plus lid would be important. Sounds like it’s all covered in the proposed specs.

My first case was the 7U Performance (consensus recommendation in ModularGrid forums), and I’m getting anxious with only 46 hp left. There are probably others in the same boat. Would be nice to have an option to step up to from the brand I already trust from first-hand experience.

Dan -

Has there been any progress on the idea of a larger case of stackable pallet? Looking for 15U 104hp or something like that. If palet was avail in 104 hp and vertically stackable with side connectors … one could start with a 7U case, and drop a couple of panels under it.

What I find impressive is the power supply engineering, rails, the 1U capability and the through hull connectors at the top of the 7U performance and the side through hulls of the pallets.

Steve

1 Like

I wonder if it will be next after the 104hp palette

1 Like

a wider 126/144hp version of 7U would be nice too.

2 Likes