Intellijel Mixup - Compact mono / stereo chainable mixer module

The intellijel MIXUP is a versatile, compact and expandable audio mixer in just 6hp.

It has eight inputs (6 on the front panel) and two outputs. Inputs 1 and 2 are single-channel mono inputs, each with its own mute switch and level control; Input 3 is a dual-channel stereo input with a shared mute and level control; and input 4 is an auxiliary unity-gain, non-mutable stereo input.

Using bus connectors on the back panel, you can chain multiple Mixups together in series, giving you the ability to mix together even more inputs, or to create sub-mixes for routing around larger systems.

Because Mixup is designed specifically for audio (and not for CV mixing), it uses AC-coupled circuitry (which reduces the potential for ‘pops’ when muting and unmuting audio), and it uses audio-grade, logarithmic attenuators for a smooth, even response across the entire volume range.

In a lot of my own personal patching experiments I kept encountering the need to mix a few mono sources with some stereo ones and then summing them all to a stereo mix. I wanted something compact for this purpose and the Mixup was born out of this need. So far it has proven to be a really handy new member of the intellijel family.

Price: $89
Available now!

More details here

1 Like

Wow! That is an amazing combination of great features, skinny hp, and low price. I’ve been thinking about in-rack mixing solutions and this is a great entry into the space.

3 Likes

Great idea. I’ve been getting by with a Transient 2M (2x3 channel mixer), treating the 2 parallel mixers as stereo L/R pairs. Works great for stereo signals, but would have to mult any mono signal “across” to have it appear “in the middle” rather than on only one side.

This is exactly the fix to that issue, and the price is right. Nice one, Danjel!

Hello…i want to have a line out module for placement at the back of the case that can use the internal connector of the mixup. I know there is sth. like this in the 1U line of modules, but don’t know If it can be connected to the Mixup. Maybe it wouldn’t work because the attenuation to line level is part of the front panel part of the 1U output module.

percentage calculator

Hey there.
Can anyone tell me what the pin outs for the expansion are on the back of mixup (like L, R, Ground or Left, Ground, Right etc)?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hope this helps:

CHAIN-IN is the same pinout, but for input.

When I use the toggle switch to mute, I get a pop. Is that normal?

Really depends on the signal you are using, it will be more noticeable with some signals than others.

Ok thanks. Btw, how are they intended to be used if they introduce pops?