Intellijel Cascadia

What is the Cascadia?

2 Likes

There’s some fun guessing going on over at Mod Wiggler:

https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3835011#p3835011

1 Like

For real though. I have one idea what it might be, but I’m keeping my cards close to my chest for now just in case.

Because if this is what I think it is…

My guess is an ASR of some sort…(someone on Modwiggler already suggested that). The Mutamix was discontinued not that long ago so sort of a mutamix/shifty type of circuit?

1 Like

People thinking definitely a module? Not like… a shapely, convex, tiered monster case? Definitely 3u?

Plog & Quad Inv too, riffing on discontinued functionality.

…but looking to the recent 1u releases, I tend to agree /lean toward the name’s gonna be more of a reference to the circuitry :wink:

1 Like

I think this is a good guess, though would that crossover functionality-wise with Quadrax too much, which is currently very successful and very high in demand…?

Right now my money is on a delay network of some sort…I want it to be a new complex digital VCO but doubting it based on the name…

One MW member guessed a full voice module/system…???

1 Like

Usually their cases are pretty well named

1 Like

Someone suggested a matrix mixer of some sort and that’s basically the idea I’m suggesting maybe some sort of Plog style logic with a mixer? To sort of take different timbres and a melody and “cascade” those sounds ASR style. It’s sort of what Shifty does but maybe something more elaborate?

Could be a really nice effect module also, like a Rainmaker style reverb.

Maybe I’m overthinking it :sweat_smile:!

Sorry to disappoint you all, but it’s a physically modelled sousaphone :wink:

10 Likes

My guess from the image and name is the next version of Rainmaker… hopefully more streamlined and more powerful. Dare to dream!

Quantum AI polka generator

2 Likes

Didn’t they already do this with Metropolix’s Easter egg mode?

1 Like

“Soon… (ish)” looks like it’s written in the same spaced-out pixel font that they only use for Shapeshifter’s display. The letters are 99% the same. Might be a deliberate choice if you believe they’re telegraphing hints on the module.

Wait. Metropolix has an easter egg mode?

I was making a joke, sorry for the dry humor.

2 Likes

You’re good. I still don’t know all the things my metropolix can do; automatically generating a polka seems completely within reason.