Feature request: paraphonic second MIDI CV via MIDI CC out

I play paraphonically a lot. I love a Subsequent 37 for Duo mode with a lovely drive circuit alone, but Cascadia has not only the lovely drive circuit but also the possibility to be effectively bi-timbral. I’ve been getting by with a Keystep set to Low note priority over CV out, setting Cascadia MIDI Pitch to High note priority and then playing live, but it’s a bit of a pain and much more of a faff with a Push 3 or non-CV supporting keyboard.

I’d like to be able (via Intellijel Config only? Or perhaps the front panel somehow) to set the MIDI CC jack to a second Pitch CV out, where the original MIDI Pitch then switches to Low Note priority and the MIDI CC jack switches to High Note priority (or vice versa) and then when playing via MIDI USB or DIN Cascadia separates them out and lets me play harmonised melodies.

Does this sound feasible?

1 Like

While it may work your front panel solution is too obscure.

I propose the following normalized routing changes via firmware and the app:

New Cascadia App Toggle: Monophonic or Duophonic

Default is Monophonic, no changes to the current firmware
Duophonic relies on VCO A/B switching with the following options

Mono Alternating - Each midi note is sent to OSC A then B in an alternating series - A/B/A/B/A/B…
Mono Random - Each midi note is sent to OSC A or B in random series - B/A/B/B/A/B…
Duophonic Split - High note is sent to OSC A, Low note is sent to OSC B
Duophonic Split Alt - High note is sent to OSC B, Low note is sent to A

Reducing the complexity of the request, all we need is Mono Alternating then we can send midi as a flam to get each OSC to respond to unique midi notes. The other options would be icing on an already stellar cake.

Considering the VCA normals and how they should behave in each instance above is another deeply complex issue in it of itself.

While it may work your front panel solution is too obscure.

It provides the flexibility to route scaled CV to — for example — a self-resonating filter’s FM2, or apply second-note pitch tracking at any other jack. OSC B already requires patching to be heard.