Dedicated 1U clock module [concept]

Would anyone else be interested in a dedicated clock module?

With LCD:

%C2%B5Tx

Sans LCD:

%C2%B5Tx%20(no%20screen)

11 Likes

This is great

That could easily be an encoder function if you are worried about saving space, but I do love me a physical tap tempo button. I’ve done both. I would need to see a little more of the design, the full encoder menu as currently planned if you plan to go that in depth, to fully convince me, but I am incredibly intrigued.

Perhaps you could pair this with an expansion with 4 divisions and 4 mults of clock 1 (maybe even rotating…)

An expander is a good idea. I’ve appended the original post with a quick mockup of an expander module that has 6 additional outputs that could be customizable. Also, MOD inputs would be an interesting feature in lieu of a dedicated shift (rotate) input. You could modulate clock shifting (rotation), randomizing all clocks’ parameters, randomizing operators or constants, etc.

What about shuffle? I mean, I know we’re getting to the point where we are almost just copying 4ms ‘s clock modules but all combined but I would definitely not mind at all.

Stopwatch/gate counter/timer?!?!?!?!?

Might as well as to the concept. It’s getting to the point where it has almost anything desirable in a clock module. So I figured we should cover all our bases.

Absolutely! This would make a great addition!

I’ve created a mockup without a screen as well. Tempo can be dialed in or tapped in. The tempo can be clock or audio rate speeds.

The selection on A/B would be the initial multiplication/division and, with the expander module, each additional B-D would consecutively output the next constant on the A/B knob.

A STEP input could be used to shift the outputs and the DIR input could change the direction of the shift.

would be great. I have been looking for a 1U clock module.

Would this only be a clock module or possibly also a Sync module. I still find it troublesome to sync a large system as the options are manifold. There is MIDI Clock or DIN Sync (including variants), there is Reset on rising and falling edges, different clock speeds and variants. Across a big system it is really annoying as you have to carefully plan who is clock (and Sync) Master and how this is recognized by clockable modules.

So really I am looking at the above and see a PNW in 1U but maybe just a little more than that - it does a lot of what I just talked about but also has its limitations.

Just my thoughts. Great idea anyway.
Cheers,
Alexander

With LCD or better yet OLED please. Thank you

1 Like

Really interested in this, would be super useful.

Has the idea moved forward at all?

So essentially an Intellijel version of Pam’s New Workout in 1u?

Would be good to see some ideas / features for this that Pam’s doesn’t already take care of.
Looks good though.

1 Like