Connecting a Performance case to After Later Threads

Has anybody here had success using After Later’s 1U Threads module (a Mutable Instruments Yarns derivative) with the Performance case’s MIDI ports? It seems that this is expected to work because it comes with a cable for connecting them, but I can’t get it working properly. Only possibilities I can think of are:

a) I am orienting the connector cable wrong
b) The connector cable is broken
c) Something’s wrong with my Threads
d) Something’s wrong with my Performance case

w/r/t (a) orientation - I can’t seem to find any documentation on how to orient the cable, and I’ve tried all 4 possible orientations (2 sockets hanging off the top w/ red stripe on the top, 2 sockets hanging off the top w red/strip on the bottom, 2 sockets hanging off the bottom w/ red stripe on the top, 2 sockets hanging off the bottom w/ red stripe on the bottom). If you’re doing this successfully, how do you have the cable plugged in? On a different unit, I got it working with the red stripe on the bottom, 2 sockets hanging off the top.

b) Tried another cable, no dice.
c) mmmmaybe, dunno how to check; this would be the third consecutive defective one and that just feels impossible
d) mmmmaybe, dunno how to check or why it would be broken now when it previously wasnt.

I’m at my wits’ end though. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Update: Something’s wrong with my Threads! It is indeed defective. There were some manufacturing issues with the most recent run. I thought it was worth telling y’all because typically, this would work, and if you want to do this with your rack, you absolutely can! You just… need a non-defective module. :smiley:

1 Like