Connect Pam’s to MIDI out on 7U case?

Yes they should all be the same pinout, I don’t believe we’ve ever changed it

2 Likes

Hey Scott, My 7U case has the MIDI pins right on the circuit board and not in a keyed enclosure. Are the pins beside the white line on the circuit board 1 & 2 or 9 & 10?

Yes, the header was not changed when the plastic shroud was added.

Is this also possible to connect the Metropolis PCB Header to the Midi Out?

The JP1 header? No, that is only to connect Atlantis.

1 Like

Same with Metropolix?

Thanks Scott, but I still need to confirm if the pins beside the white line on the circuit board are 1 & 2 or 9 & 10. ??? The white line is on the right when I’m looking down on it from the front.

I’ve been trying to connect a Disting EX to the MIDI ports and have not had any success in making it work yet.

Oh sorry, I don’t know for certain but I expect 9&10 are next to the white line.

I bought a little test meter and was able to confirm that the white line on the circuit board is beside 1 & 2 in the diagram. My Disting EX is now MIDIfied!

2 Likes

Has anybody thought of modifying the Befaco CV Thing to connect to the Midi Out?
They have the schematics on their website, but sadly its expander out doesn’t carry any midi signal.

Just thinking about the possibilities, maybe you could solder 3 jumper cables directly onto the trs jack pins and connect it directly to the midi out?

I think the 1u XY jacks could be used to send the CV Thing out - > 1u XY in - > then from inside the case, connect 1u XY to the DIN jack.

Perhaps not ideal but if you happen to have some extra/wasted 1u space, it’s at least more functional than a blank.

I have successfully connected my Disting Mk4 to the MIDI IN on my 62hp Palette case. I can only share one photo at a time but hopefully this is helpful ~ it seems to be working perfectly.

I was considering buying a Digitakt if I could easily clock the modular so now I feel okay doing it. Also, Disting can be useful for other stuff if you don’t need a clock so that’s a plus.

3 Likes

Here’s my diagram lol

4 Likes

Also, sorry for the spam posts but I just want to add that I’ve only tested the Clock app in Disting (G6) to run a Pam’s using both clock and run CV.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I’ve been planning on doing this for like ever.

Oh I didn’t realize Disting fit in the Palette. Must be a tight fit, no? Do you mount it with risers to keep the pcb from making contact with the back of the case?

The MK4 fits normally! Although I think I read the EX doesn’t.

Does anyone know if the MIDI IN on the smaller palette can be used as a MIDI OUT?

I’m also interested in doing this with a uO_C (ornament & crime) module, which is based on a Teensy microcontroller board that supports MIDI over USB (Micro-B connector). The “Hemispheres” firmware has a “Captain MIDI” app that does CV-MIDI and MIDI-CV conversion.

I’ve found a few links that discuss people having done this with Palette cases:

However, no details on what actual connections to make.

I see the schematic in this thread for the Palette 2x5 pin MIDI header, but does anyone know how to wire up a cable with a mail USB jack on the other end to support USB over MIDI?

Very interesting idea
So, I’ve been reading this a few times and I have a question…

Do I need the expander to connect Pamela’s to the midi out of the 7u case? Can I do it directly with jumper wires without the expander?