Can Shifty be a manual switch?

I want a straightforward way to hook the Arturia Keystep up to a module as gate/cv input, and hook several oscillators/envelopes up to the outputs. Then I want to manually switch to each output.

From what I can tell, I can’t do this with Shifty…it requires that the input jumps around to different outputs.

Frequency Central makes a “Where?” module that does this manually, but it’s kinda primitive and can only do that.

Can Shifty provide both that basic manual routing plus the fancier dynamic routing?

1 Like

The red button works as a manual gate button, but in order to use Shifty in the way you want you would need a second Shifty!

I can see this being a useful “Easter Egg” mode accessed by holding the Shift and Gate buttons for a second. Then in this mode the voice allocation would only toggle when the gate button is pressed. Or maybe Reset could be used to advance to the next voice? That way it could be done with the button or CV.

I don’t know your market, but I’d bet there are a lot of Keystep users out there who would find the ability to switch the controller between multiple modules easily really useful (starting with me). If it’s just a software update, consider this my vote of encouragement…

1 Like

What do you think @kamil?

Sounds like a good idea. I’ll add it to our list of feature requests for future consideration.

2 Likes

Can Shifty be a manual switch? Yes!

1 Like