2x Metropolix

Hello friends!

Is anyone out there running 2x metropolixes? I’ve been pondering this lately, as i’ve tried many many sequencers since acquiring the metropolix, and nothing compares for me. Probably the closest thing was the vector, but I still vastly prefer metropolix.

I guess i’m just wondering if this setup is just too fiddly/complex? Sometimes maintaining 2 voices in a logical way on a single metropolix can be a challenge, so maybe trying to do this dance on 2 at once would just be too much mental overhead… I’ve thought about pairing it with a Ryk, but the mod lanes and accumulator are the main magic to me, I don’t think I could live without those.

2 Likes

Hey! Not 2 metropolix, but I’m running mine with a dnipro metamorph and I think it’s a great pair! You can sequence into the metropolix and out to other modules. I’ve been using it to control the chord qualities of the shapeshifter, because with the sequence stopped, you can dial in the voltage of each step. Just a thought.

Planning on getting a second Metropolix this year so I’d say go for it! I’m a huge fan of having doubles of modules you deeply connect with. Yeah nothing else out there with the personality of the Metro. X2 all the way!

1 Like

Ive been using the two tracks of metropolix to sequence a complex OSC setup with two Legions. It really is the perfect sequencer for FM on two or more synced VCOs. I already stretch Metropolix by feeding the 2 pitch tracks into a Quantus Pax, quant Jimi and a Clank Chaos for variations and traspositions across multiple VCOs. I still, too have the urge to aquire a second Metropolix, and id really like to hear what someone could do with a couple of these beasts.

I’m seriously tempted to pick up a second one myself. Also a huge fan of doubles of modules you really connect with. A second battleship sequencer seems a bit over-the-top, but one is not enough for my needs (er, wants), and trying to manage multiple different types of battleships at once slows me down with all the context-switching.