Wow, where did that come from?
I do not recall having read any hint about it. Nice!
I LOVE FX! Might sell one of my two FX AIDs for this 1U bugger.
Some initial thoughts.
- As per usual the clear and functional Intellijel UI will make it a simple joy to use.
- I love that it has tap tempo and a clock input. I always used tap tempo when I had Magneto and OTO BIM. I miss a tap function on Mimeophon and FX AID.
- I am VERY curious how the chorus will hold up against the amazing 106 Chorus from Feedback modules.
- It may be a bit of a pity that stereo signals are summed to mono going through the FX engine, but then again maybe it does not matter all that much.
I haven‘t really compared true stereo effects to mono-summing ones. Something for the near future.
- Just imagine if MULTI-FX had two extra buttons to activate a ping-pong and reverse function for the delay… dang! I almost always use delays in stereo mode when available. Let‘s see how this one holds up in mono.
- Is the clock input able to read continuously changing voltage levels and will it thus be possible to have it function as a CV input for, say, reverb size and chorus depth or speed in the future?
- I wonder if I‘ll mind not having any CV control over anything. So it‘s more of a set-and-forget module, I guess.
- PCB-wise it takes up a similar footprint as the versatile FX AID, which offers two CV inputs. One for an assignable parameter (or clock) and one for dry/wet. Makes me wonder if more functionality/fx could have been added to MULTI-FX. Then again, as mentioned before, the UI here is very spacious and inviting (as somewhat opposed to FX AID), so maybe it’s either one or the other. I‘m looking forward to comparing the two.
- Would it make sense to add 16ths to the delay clock division setting (for external clock/tapped tempo)?
So then we‘d have quarter notes (= incoming clock pulse/tapped tempo) at fully CW, dotted 8ths around 2:00, 8ths at noon, 8th note triplets at 10.00 and 16ths fully CCW.