1U modules wishlist

whoops! they’re there. I just had it filtered by a very narrow HP from a previous search… :flushed:

1 Like

Wild VCA Appeared!
(Note the normalling at every stage, this is soooo handy)

https://intellijel.com/shop/eurorack/1u/dual-vca-1u/

5 Likes

Two more new 1U modules coming in a couple of weeks (as soon as panels arrive) and then several more throughout the Fall. One of the new ones launching soon has a pretty fun “custom” element to it.

Our 1U “to do” list keeps growing but we committed to getting them all done asap. Basically if there is something that should clearly exist in 1U and doesn’t yet, then we are almost certainly working on it :wink:

9 Likes

Oooh! exciting! you couldn’t possibly spoil it?

You know, movies would never make money without trailers

3 of them are on their way to my house :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

I’d love to see any/all of the following Intellijel 1U modules:

• Dual LPG 1U: a two channel LPG with trig/gate in, similar to the Make Noise LxD and with the form factor of the Dual VCA 1U. A hp-adding bonus would be putting CV control too.
• Simple LFO 1U: a simple LFO with rate control pot and cv control, outputs could be stolen from the Dixie II
• Stereo Pedal I/O 1U: same thing but stereo I/O

A fool’s wish:
• Stereo Pedal I/O expander for a mixer module: A way to introduce a per channel AUX send and a stereo effect send/return loop for in-case mixing and effects. This would be super nice for the Mixup but I guess it’s not possible with the current hardware implementation. Currently I use a Toppobrillo Stereomix for this but would like to have something more compact and something with dedicated stereo channels. Thoughts?

7 Likes

Agree about the LPG. I love the LxD but wish it was also a mixer like the new 1U VCA.

1 Like

a “mega” mult. Sometimes 1 to 4 just isn’t enough, also I would like an LED to show me the input +/- 10V as intensity

Or a buff mult expander that adds another 4-6 outputs. Though this would likely require a re-design of the orignal 1u buff mult

But you can chain mults, no? I would love a mult with some kind of voltage indicator though.

I would love to see a midi outs module, possibly as an updated micromidi, which can also support mini TRS jacks for midi transfer.

Also, the LEDs in the 1U I/O are really kind of weak when compared to the 3U version. I’m not asking for too many more, but a couple would be nice. So I guess this is more of a #feature-request.

1 Like

Maybe someone has suggested this before but in the light of the excellent Palette Cases, a stereo mixer would be great. Right now I’m using the Transient Modules 2M which allows you to use it as a three channel stereo mixer with panning achieved by adjusting the left or right volume pots, but this uses valuable 3U space. Looking at the PCBs, it seems likely that it could be squeezed into the Intellijel 1U spec…

3 Likes

Just wanted to add another vote for the 1U Scales. 3U Scales is such a great module and as the Steppy 3->1U conversion has shown a 1U Scales would appear feasible too. The horizontal placement of Scales in 1U would also make sense in light of the keyboard interface for selecting notes imho.

2 Likes

Jumping in here to suggest a cute little 1U Octave Switcher (just like Atlantis has). ALM’s Beast’s Chalkboard is great but… you know… HP Wars! :man_juggling:

3 Likes

FYI: it seems Shakmat Modular will release 1U octave switch. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/shakmat-modular-tessitura-tailor

a small, simple, high quality delay line. one that goes to very fast ranges sub 1ms for karplus, comb, chorusing and flanging. idealy time can take audio rate fm for cool waveshaping action. dc coupled

6 jacks:
input, output, feedback send, feedback return, cv time, (either v/oct or clock input)

2 knobs:
time, feedback

2 Likes

The blanks could be more useful with a wire loom/loop something like 1" diameter mounted to the middle of the blank on a swivel that is limited to 90 degrees in either direction.
Probably would be perfect for the 6HP blanks (which I have 3 of)

I would love to see a 1u µMIDI variant or expander that can do MIDI to multiple gates for external drum sequencing.

2 Likes

An updated Audio I/O module with the link connector for use with the headphone 1U would be nice.

The time the 1U LPG is out the same time I will order one or two or… :slight_smile: cannot wait to get one…

3 Likes

yes @yutannihilation but will it fit with the special format intellijel 1U?

1 Like