Home | Manuals | FAQ | Contact Us

1U modules wishlist

This would indeed be great to have!

hmm… new µmidi 1U? MIDI IN and OUT (more channels via expanders?). I would love to use midi dins on my 7U case but current µmidi is… obsolete :frowning:

How is it obsolete? MIDI hasn’t changed since it was released…

µmidi not MIDI :slight_smile:

You sell cases with MIDI OUT but µmidi 1U can’t handle it. So yes… 1U version of µmidi is definitely obsolete.

the MIDI out is for other planned modules

Hi All

I have always had a problem with 1U Pedal I/O module.
I wanted to use my 1U Audio I/O along with 7U Performance case jacks output.
Having no more 1U space I couldn’t use 1U Jacks I/O module too…:open_mouth:
I’ve decided to mod Pedal I/O so it has Send and Returm patch points on the panel.
This was done by Kuba Sinsky, very much talented friend of mine who did few 1U modules already.
He does things under name of Bard Synthesizers.
This turned out to be complete success! I would like to share it with you guys. Also i have one modded Pedal I/O for sale. Please have a look:

New photo by Tweak Mike (tuu3ak)

Can you explain further? I’m not understanding how this is different than using an onboard stereo mixer.

It depends on how you plan to use it, I suppose…

1. The feature set of Eurorack mixers can vary. It could have more features than a standard outboard mixer (such as CV control), or it could have fewer (such as no panning). More features means more hp. No panning means the left and right channels are exactly the same, which means it isn’t true stereo, it’s dual mono.

2. If you also use non-Eurorack gear, depending on how much gear you have, it would be easier to integrate with an outboard mixer than raising a bunch of non-Eurorack stuff to Eurorack levels and running them through the Eurorack’s onboard mixer.

Would it be useful to have an output module (in two parts, like the Audio I/O 1U) that’s a set of four mono outputs, each with its own attenuator?

It seems like @ScottMFR’s suggestion of using a quadratt is exactly what you would need if you are looking for 4 mono outs with attenuators.
It’s is a Swiss Army knife of possibilities.
I use my quadratt as a 4 channel effects send for external gear. It works like a champ

I’m not an EE and I don’t really know the specifics of the Quadratt vs. an output module. Does AC vs. DC coupling make a difference? How do output modules lower the signal to line level? Is it strictly volume knob position, or is there something else in the signal path that automatically lowers the signal to line level before the volume pot even comes into play?

Also, I’d prefer any output module to have 1/4" jacks (ideally on a separate module - I’d like to remove the panel and mount them on the case), which the Quadratt doesn’t have.