1U modules wishlist

Velocity isn’t blue on the older module, so I have a feeling the two blue outputs are clock and 1/16th. The labelling of the 6 black outputs definitely aren’t multiple CV/gate, so it looks like they’re the same as before.

you’re right about velocity, perhaps 1/16 or most likely ‘reset’

as per 3 channel of midi cv/gate let me dream boy. … but yeah probably going to be the same. :sweat:

He did say reconfigurable ports… at least for the expander that will be released in the future. This make prime contender for me to free up 8HP used by my Expert Sleepers FH-2.
I think this would be a brilliant move. I love my µMIDI 1U for that one complex “lead” voice - with velocity, AT and articulate trig in addition to gate, and CC control. But for creating that complex array of voices µMIDI falls flat. This is where the FH-2 is nice - you can configure those 8 ports to do anything you want.
The main reason I bought µMIDI is that it costs almost a 1/3 of the FH-2 and has 10 ports vs. 8 on FH-2. So µMIDI has become my permanent clock/run source - driving my USTA and Pamela’s NEW! Workout; and the permanent lead voice MIDI-CV. Which leaves the FH-2 to do 8 channels of anything else. But a new µMIDI, especially if the ports are reconfigurable, would render the FH-2 obsolete for my purposes.
That 8HP of 3U freed up could mean a new Dixie2+ for me as well!

1 Like

It would be nice if the Headphones 1U module got a update. Why can’t it be connected to the internal case jacks? In a Palette Case for example, this would make great sense, since space is very limited and the need to buy a Stereo Out module, just to be able to connect to the internal case jacks, is a bit space-waisting. The lineup would make more sense in general too, buy the stereo out to connect to the jacks, get the Headphones if you need extra monitoring. What are your thoughts? Love your products, Vincent.

5 Likes

What does your FH-2 usually do these days then?

@Terrarium: I split this off into a discussion about µMIDI and other MIDI-CV modules, and responded there:

1 Like

I’d like a small basic clock generator. Need one to run Steppy, and the only option I’ve found in 1U is Noise Tools, which takes up a lot of space.

1 Like

Yeah, I think a basic clock generator would be a great addition to the lineup. If it was combined with a clock divider/multiplier, or even if they were small separate product that would be really cool.

Shakmat put out a little divider module in 1U, but it would have been so much more useful if it could generate clock on its own: http://www.shakmatmodular.com/products/ta.html

5 Likes

1u midi to cv module please…Can’t find one anywhere, trying for months. Does this count as a wishlist item?

See this thread: :slight_smile:

Two 1u I would love to see happen:

1. A bipolar version of the dual VCA. For ring modulation, cv mixing, etc.
  2. Stand alone slew tile. Possibly with separate rise and fall response controls, but one knob would be ok too. Would be happy either way.

I would put multiple of each in my case.

1 Like

Bipolar dual VCA would rock. Would it make sense to make it a bit wider and add knobs to control the offset (w/ uni/bipolar switches a’la Quadratt)?

4 Likes

I personally don’t think attenuverters would be necessary. If you need them, just use a duatt or quadratt in conjunction where needed in the patch. Minimize hp and leave the signal flow open. But either way it would be a wonderful utility option that currently isn’t offered in this format.

1 Like

Repost, remind & redesign… was thinking whether cv input necessary but thought this could be pure performance oriented fader :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice design! I can see that being useful and a lot of fun. Personally I think it would be worth making it a bit wider to include a CV input and attenuverter. I pondered a crossfader curve control and CV input, but I think a rear trimmer would be sufficient.

with CV input, attenuverter… and may be CV reference output : -5v (fader full to the left) to +5v (fader full to the right) and its inverted output to control other stuff :wink:

its 30HP now

6 Likes

Oh yeah the REF position output is a good idea! An alternative to the INV output could be a SENSE output similar to Planar where a gate is output while movement is detected.

Also, I think the Intellijel standard layout would position the attenuverter above the input rather than below.

5 Likes

Make that a bit smaller and I’ll put that in my case faster than you can say “I’m gonna buy that and stick it in my case.”

1 Like

Stereo crossfader would be amazing. Love the design and additional outputs.

I would really like to see the first version.
Maybe 24 or 26 hp wide.
30 hp is too wide for my cases, at least now.