1U modules wishlist

This might be a silly idea, but I was thinking of a triple precision adder for chord transposition, sort of an expanded version of the LPZW WK1 Aroom config. Each adder would have 2 inputs (let’s call them A and B), 1 output, plus a 3-way toggle to transpose the CV up or down one semitone. Inputs A2 and A3 would be normalled to A1; same goes for the B inputs. Besides using it as three individual adders, this would allow you not only to transpose three voices with a single transposition CV, but manually change the chord quality with the toggles as well, which the WK1 can’t do.

Perhaps manual toggling isn’t the best way to get the job done, but it’s small and simple.

1 Like

Re: octave switcher, I’m way late on this, but as a compromise, how about including what are probably the most common modulations - the 5th, and the (Major) 2nd? To save space while keeping it separate from the octave knob, it could be incorporated into a small 3-way toggle above the knob (so it can only modulate upward), with root position in the center.

For the -V output, either have the P5/M2 invert to P4/m7 (so that, once subtracted, it still lands on the P5 or M2), or keep them as added voltages, to avoid modulating to P4 or m7.

Or just leave out the -V output and Thru and save a couple HP. :wink:

A CV input might be preferable to a -V output or Thru as well.

I just watched the Ins & Outs of 1U video, and trying to understand XY + Mixup got me thinking: how about an updated Stereo Line Out 1U that can be chained like Mixup, so we can use multiple modules together as a stereo mixer? It may not be as space-efficient as a Mixup 1U for the same number of channels, but if one only needs two stereo channels, it would be a slightly smaller solution.

I’m pretty sure the XY allows you to combine stereo signals to a common stereo output with the 3pin connectors.

So I think you could do what you’re asking…but I’m purely speculating based on the back of the panel.

@mrhooks & @buzzard - I gave a bit of a description of XY in this thread: Intellijel 1U IO Confusion

Can the Stereo Line Out 1U accept input through it’s 3-pin connector though? I thought it was out only - which is probably why the XY is meant only for the two modules mentioned in the video.

That’s correct. The 3-pin jumper on the back of the Stereo Line Out is an output to connect to the Headphones 1U.

I sketched out something almost exactly like this before! I have been hunting for a good xfader supplier.

5 Likes

great! when will we hope to see it available?

I think a basic midi clock to trigger/pulse would come really really handy.

As i Play my Modular with a Keyboard, i would Love to see an Dual ADSR with Knobs, Quadrax Style in 1u Format. Maybe with retrig!? I see if i can come up with a mockup!

Btw, I have a quadigy by klavis (its dope), but it is way to Deep for the my task. And it isn‘t 1u :sweat_smile:

A 4 or 6hp 1u noise source - just white and pink noise.

hey @Danjel, @ScottMFR - when are we going to see that 6HP LPG!?!?
I’ve got this one last space in my two 7U cases waiting for it!
…my quadrax is hungering to ping, ping, ping, ping…

6 Likes

Just got a performance case but can’t find the 1U buff mult in stock anywhere (UK/Europe). A smaller version would be ideal, but it’s not one of the options in the poll thread. Was wondering if anything new was coming?

Transient Modules makes one that has one fewer output per mult, and is 12HP.

Thanks, I’ll check it out!

1u ADSR would be really cool

1 Like

Just found myself wanting a XLR mic input. Looked up what was avail currently in the modular world and figured I’d mention it here. I know this was in the thread previously but wanted to see what people’s interest in a 1U version was like current day. Cheers!

2 Likes