Shapeshifter 2?

Don’t be, I had not come across this thread before and it’s great reading all the old comments. I did not know that Shapeshifter was the successor to the cycle box! Really interesting evolution.

1 Like

Every year, theres a new hope :relieved:

2 Likes

alright, i’m ready to pull the trigger on a used Shapeshifter. just wanted to check one last time before doing it… just in case there’s something in the pipeline, or going to be announced this year. any info is appreciated

2 Likes

If it’s anything like my experience with the Metropolis, then the Shapeshift successor will get released a few weeks from now, as I have just purchased a 2nd hand Shapeshifter.

For context, I bought a Metropolis and a few weeks later Metropolix was out. Luckily I managed to sell on the previous incarnation and now enjoy the Metropolix even more - still so much to learn on it!

3 Likes

No Shapeshifter 2 just around the corner, I promise :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Shapeshifter is still an attractive VCO to me in July 2021. Looks like stock has dried up and prices are starting to rise. Is there a restock on the horizon?

ICYMI the b-stock deal on Shapeshifter is pretty sweet and still looks available. Could be a good option, if no news is forthcoming,

1 Like

I noticed that and assumed it was the earlier version with the older faceplate, I’ll email them now to check it out. I did buy a module this way in the past and it was like new. Thanks for the reminder!

I might be buying a Shapeshifter, and I noticed one very small difference between the photos of the unit for sale and all the other photos on the internet:

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 8.26.56 PM

Intellijel, any info on why the Morph labels look different on this unit? Every unit online (with the Cylonix logo on the bottom) has this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 8.27.44 PM

Everything else about the panels looks the same…?

They’re just different panels

So I didn’t end up getting that second-hand unit. Any word on when SS might be back on store shelves?

I’m also in the market for a Shapeshifter and was also having similar questions about whether a MK2 was in the works, sounds like not in the near future though! Funny others were also thinking the same thing.

Definitely would snap buy a MK2 though! :slight_smile:

Just added another 5 units to the B-Stock section of the website. These are rev2 versions. I believe the only difference is that the FOLD output does not output the unfolded signal when the FOLD knob is all the way down, there’s still a bit of folding applied.

You can find them here: New Stock — Discontinued/Blemished - intellijel

1 Like

Shapeshifter in stock here https://www.elevatorsound.com/product/intellijel-shapeshifter/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvO2IBhCzARIsALw3ASqyZ1YpCzwvykkBinNGf0bKiL1DIpunzwPaQ_VpaoMx2QXfQ_hlPNgaAu7cEALw_wcB

How about 2022?

I have my suspicions that Shapeshifter and Rainmaker will never see updated versions as a result of the collaboration with Cylonix necessary to develop the modules, but I have no insider info on this.

1 Like

Did they end collaboration?

My guess is yes, perhaps Cylonix no longer exists. My clue is that on Cylonix’s website you can see that they haven’t developed anything in years (and their copyright on their site is 2010), since these modules were developed. But I really have no idea, maybe Intellijel can take their ideas on their own and develop and improve them to update these modules…all just speculation!

Jim Clark is a man of many talents and interests. He has been quite busy with the world of AI and his full-time job as a Professor at McGill University. Cylonix still exists, as does the possibility for future collaborations with Intellijel, just no news at this moment.

9 Likes

How about you make a shapeshifter rev2. Same thing, just make it possible to switch out the wavetables via sd card slot, and make the screen more modern, with a view of the wavetables.

Should be easy in my mind, but probably wont be so easy.
Id buy it though :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face: