Home | Manuals | FAQ | Contact Us

Rainmaker 1.09/141 Beta!

Version 1.09/141 is now ready for Testing!

We’ll post official on the site once we’ve banged on it a bit, join us in testing it!

Please follow the standard directions for loading firmware onto the Rainmaker, you can find them at the bottom of this page.

JIC File: https://intellijel.com/downloads/firmware/beta/rainmaker_April16_2019.jic
Mac: https://intellijel.com/downloads/firmware/beta/Intellijel%20Firmware%20Updater.app%20Rainmaker%201.09.zip
Win: Soon

FIXED: Bug where routing was not loaded all the time from preset
FIXED: Bug on the routing page on power up
ADDED: Mod B Only Destination for Rhythm Delay Time (with range set by CLK DIV - repeats every 4 levels of CLK DIV) (Mod A can still be set to Delay Clock Div)
ADDED: Reduce MOD LEVEL amplitude by a factor of 8 when the encoder is pressed while the mod pages are displayed. This is to give more subtle modulations.
CHANGE: The preset load/save so now the last preset to be saved or loaded is loaded on power up

8 Likes

Rainmaker latest firmware

Loving the new mod options, and the fact that the last preset loads on start. I’ve been dying for that.

The behavior for loading a preset and pressing the encoder has changed though. Now, after selecting a preset and pressing the encoder, the screen jumps to the routing/config page. If I want to scroll to another preset, I have to click the load button again.

Is this an intentional change or a bug? I definitely prefer being able to audition presets quickly without having to select one, click back to load, select another and so on…

1 Like

Oooooh, I haven’t gotten around to the update yet - but the last bit there about the encoder change will definitely deter me. I frequently use it to manually scan through presets, having a few extra steps added would negatively affect the ‘playability’ that I like so much.

0 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll pass this on to Jim from Cylonix, hopefully he can fix it quickly.

0 Likes

I didn’t realize it at first, but the new High/Low MOD LEVEL control toggle is for both the Delay and Comb sections. Very cool.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with modulating Delay time and playing with different groove patterns. With fast delay times the patterns really alter the timbre.

1 Like

pinned #6
0 Likes

I’m eager to try it out once the win installer becomes available.

0 Likes