Planar 2 1.2.3 — ~4 Minute Loops, Gx Support and Fixes!

Will it ever be possible to use a tetrapad with the Gx? Four channels of gates, four of triggers would be a great way to free up things in the drum pad modes so you could have pressure and position cv outs. In the lfo modes it could function just like on the quadrax. And then in keyboard modes you could once again free up some cv stuff

the Gx? Contact Support the Output voltages drive the LEDS, and are fixed around 5V.

will pass it on

I will add to the wishlist.

2 Likes

No, the gate output of the planar. The light inside the button and next to the jack both work, but it outputs a constant 3-4v dc, regardless of whether I’m pushing the button.

Send a video to support for that one, also make sure sense is off when diagnosing

1 Like

Hey! I’m wondering if there is any sort of ETA on when the next batch of Planar 2’s will be available for purchase or sent out to stores? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

20 days later i’m wondering the same thing.

2 Likes

Keep your eye on Wigglehunt, Control Voltage had a restock last week. There are a couple of used ones in the US currently…

was able to snag one, cant wait to receive it, @amblues go check out Detroitmodular.com i believe they still have some in stock. and currently are running a 10% off sale for independence day

Looks like multiple shops have received a batch. I just picked one up from Patchwerks. Also saw that Sweetwater has them in stock. Stoked to get wiggly

1 Like

I updated my Planar2 a while back, and it seems to mostly work great. I do have one bug report/issue with it though. When I record the joystick movements, let’s say I only record one minute of the 4 minute buffer. In the cv mode where you can scan through the recording, it always scrubs through the entire 4 minutes of memory instead of only as far as you recorded up to. It’s kind of really annoying to deal with because it just jumps to 0v and stays there.

Thanks for the heads up, we’ll check it out.

Sorry for the delay, I finally grabbed a Planar2 from the office, and made sure it was 1.2.4, I’m not seeing any issue. I also had a look at the code, and there is nothing apparent that would cause that behaviour.

My Test—

• Record a small, quick 180deg arc from A to C.
  • Center CV2 Attenuator (to zero any curve).
  • Set CV1 Attenuator to full +.
  • Used a channel from Triplatt set to Unipolar 0-5V (* See below for more details)
  • Press play so that the loop is armed.
  • Sweep from the start of the knob (0v) to the end (5V), the position should move from A to B to C.

*You can use anything that goes from 0-5V, this will sweep the range, if you have a larger voltage source, use the attenuator to lower it (otherwise it will clip at 5V internally), negative voltages will be rectified in the module, so 0 to -5V will also sweep, so a bipolar LFO (from -5V to +5V) would sweep the loop twice in 1 cycle.

Hope that helps.

If you are not seeing this behaviour, send a video to support@intellijel.com, our support team can check it out.

I submit the humble request to Intellijel that they offer a special front panel for the Gx module for use with Planar 2 (“Px”?), so that I can more easily determine which outputs refer to which stick quadrants/directions. I frequently get confused trying remember the order, and while it’s easy to refresh my memory through experimentation, it would be easier and much preferred to just glance at the jack labels.