Home | Manuals | FAQ | Contact Us

Rubicon 2 (x2) or Dixie 2+ (x4)

If you could only choose to have two Rubicon2s in your rack or four Dixie2+s then which would you choose and why?

In most cases I’d go for the four dixies. I just prefer having more oscillators available most of the time to do more complex drones and modulation. I think 1x Rubicon and 2x Dixie2+ would be even better. Then you could do the TZFM sounds and complex waveforms of the Rubicon while still having one oscillator available for LFO duties.

3 Likes

I’d do one Rubicon and two Dixies, because if you like the TZFM sound, you need a second oscillator, but probably don’t want to use the HP on another Rubicon when you could have two Dixies.

I contemplated this a while back and sold my Rubicon and went with 4 Dixies.

I would also lean towards 4 Dixies, but I like @kamil’s idea of a Rubicon and 2x Dixie’s.

Depends what you want to get out of your system. 4 Dixies would be great for complex drones or poly/paraphonic analog goodness. With Tetrapad a quartet of Dixies is a ton of fun…

2 Likes

I would go with a Rubicon and an Atlantis :wink: (it is two dixies, a mixer, a vca, an envelope and a filter after all)

it depends. I don’t have either right now, but the rubicon seems pretty straightforward. I guess it depends on the features of the Dixie. What does that mysterious 8-way switch at the top do?

No mystery — it’s straight-forward as well. As the name implies, it selects the base octave for the oscillator.

Ah. Octave switch. That makes sense. I guess I should check before I make myself look like a fool next time. I like the idea of a rubicon and two dixies, but if I was to answer in a way specific to the question, I would go four dixies over two rubicons